Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Light Years aka Gandahar (1988) 1/18/09

I was the last to arrive to Movie Night on Sunday because I missed the 14 bus and decided that dealing with the cold and taking my bike was going to be the only alternative to missing Light Years. Actually, I didn't know it was Light Years and I'm glad for my ignorance because I got my annual sci-fi quota done last week with Wall-E.

But I didn't miss it, luckily. I got right down on that couch and there began a story without words about an easy world with no bikes, buses or physical exertion period. People walk around naked eating big fruits that fall constantly from the trees and, no doubt, are delicious and nutritious. They socialize with themselves and with the animals that bring them comfort by nodding and when they open their mouths to talk the insides of their mouths are the same colors as the outsides of their bodies and the movements of their lips does not correspond to the sounds that they make. Everything was simple again and I had a glass of cool water.

There is trouble in paradise and I don't want to give it away. But if you thought He-Man and the Landshark were cool, you're going to need to check out the "impetuous" leading man and his flying Stingray! Sci-fi synth tracks: A-, He-Man-esque animation: B, story: B- Oops, I made a smiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment